Science and Technology Policy for Self-Reliance in the Muslim World
Proceedings of the second international conference, Islamabad (Pakistan) (1988) – Published by the Islamic Academy of Sciences.
Editors: F Daghestani (Jordan), H El-Mulki (Jordan), M Al-Halaiqa (Jordan).
- Opening Statements;
- Introduction and Summary;
- Science and Technology Policy: Main Issues;
- Endogenous Capacity Building in Science and Technology in Developing Countries during the past decade;
- Importance of Science and Technology for Socio-Economic Development;
- Science and Technology Policy Formulation, Planning and Implementation;
- Orientation of Education and Training Policies Towards Science and Technology Self-Reliance in Islamic Countries;
- Effective Linkages Between Research and Development and the Economic Sector: Effective Means, Methods, Requirements and Organizations;
- The Vienna Programme of Action: The Arab Experience in Science and Technology Cooperation;
- Science and Technology Policy in Selected Countries;