Food Security in the Muslim World
Proceedings of the first international conference, Amman (Jordan) (1987) – Published by the Islamic Academy of Sciences.
Editor: S Qasem (Jordan).
BC 248-25-1988; Hardcover 520 pages;
17*25 cm; English; Illustrated; 1988;
US $ 20.00
- Opening Statements.
- Introduction and Summary;
- Food Security Status in the Muslim World;
- Present Situation and Future Outlook for Food Security in the Muslim World;
- The Constraints that have faced the Muslim World in Making Progress towards Food Security;
- Trade of Food Commodities among Islamic Countries;
- Food Security in the Islamic Countries: Opportunities and Options for Integration;
- Opportunities and Options towards Food Security;
- Promising Options for more and better Food;
- Qualitative Approach for Food Security;
- Future Scientific and Technological Advancements and their Impact on Food Security;
- Food Security in the Muslim World; Some Steps towards a Solution for Proteins.
- Selected Country Case Studies: Malaysia; Indonesia; Turkey; Sudan; Bangladesh;
- Closing Session.